An interactive and illustrated talk by Mick Bonwick.
The evening will cover many aspects of using an airbrush and other techniques for weathering model railways, from choosing appropriate equipment to applying the correct materials with relevant techniques.
Mick Bonwick has extensive experience in the field of model railway weathering. He regularly teaches at Missenden Abbey and Pendon Museum Workshops.
- Choice of equipment
- Selection of materials
- Appropriate tools
- Preparation of models
- Suitability of techniques
- Demonstrations of application processes
- Finishing and detailing
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Health and safety considerations
What will be provided:
- Some airbrush, equipment and paint for some interactive demonstrations
Models to work on:
- To obtain the best experience from the evening, Mick recommends you bring a wagon, preferably cleaned and ready for painting. For large-scale modellers (‘O’ gauge and above), please don’t bring anything too big. Students are also welcome to bring along road vehicles and/or buildings if they so desire.
As there will be limited workspace and equipment, active participation will be on first come first served basis, as best we can arrange on the night.
At the end of the evening members are invited to join the Portsmouth locals at the pub, just down the road before they go home.
Tea/coffee and biscuits will be available at the meeting.
For directions to Clubroom please refer to the SHMRC website contact page – https://www.shmrc.org.uk/location-contacts/ – or for more information call Ray Hodson 07710 591511
As always, the South Hants Area Group meetings are open to all, regardless of your preferred scale or gauge.
Click on the poster thumbnail to download the PDF: